District Team :: Vice Governors
DISTRICT ONE CYSTIC FIBROSIS TRIP 2016
Please see attached flyer!!!
District One Cystic Fibrosis Trip 2016
Happy June District One!
We are on the home stretch of our 2014-2015 Kin year and what an awesome year it has been! There have been so many incredible events, celebrations and memorable Kin moments - you should all be very proud of yourselves!
As we head into the summer, please remember to stay safe, have fun and if you are hosting an event, don't forget to contact the Back to the Future Executive. We would love to come out and offer support in any way we can.
To kick start the BTTF year, our Service and Membership Directors have been working with District Eight and have arranged for a FUN Kin Day at Wonderland on Saturday July 11th (with special pricing of course). Check out the poster below and contact Wendy Rolfe for your ticket.
Kin Wonderland Day
A big thank you to the GO Team and Governors Joanne & Marty for everything they have done over this past year. We are looking forward to continuing on with initiatives that the GO Team implemented and try out some new ideas that the BTTF Team has.
To say we are excited for what the 2015-2016 Kin year brings is an understatement. Together we can go back to the future! #BTTF
Below please find the proposed District One 2015-2016 Budget.
Please note that the first link is a primer to familiarize you with the issues that are being faced with presentation of this budget this year. The second, is the budget.
We encourage you to become familiar with the information and by all means, contact the Back to the Future team with any questions or concerns you may have:
Primer for District Budget
Thank you to everyone for welcoming us at your zone conferences over this past month. The hospitality in District One is absolutely incredible!
With that being said, we are very excited to welcome our Deputy Governors Elect to the Back to the Future Team. The BTTF team is looking forward to welcoming you all at our District Leadership Seminar in June.
In just four short weeks we will be celebrating an amazing year at our Bridging the Gap Spring Convention in Sarnia. We hope to see many faces there!
Above you will find our proposed budget for next year. If you have any questions, concerns or would like any clarifications, please give us a call or send us an email.
On that note - see you soon!
With the Zone Conference season fast approaching, our team is very excited to come and visit!
If you are contemplating a position on your zone executive, or even the position of deputy governor, do not hesitate to contact any of us for more information or if you have any questions. The following is directly from the "Successful Zone Manual" off of the Kin Canada members website.
The Role of the Deputy Governor is:
• The Senior Kin position in the Zone
• A communication liaison between the District and Clubs
• Mentor to Clubs
• Offer motivation and encouragement to Clubs
• Promote Membership and possible new Club Charters
• Act as a facilitator or instructor of Kin Education
• Communicate Club issues to the appropriate District Executive Member
• Knowledge of parliamentary procedures and Kin history
• Working knowledge of District and Zone House Rules and Polices & Procedures Manuals
• Familiar with National, District, and Zone service projects
• Has attended at least one Spring Zone Conference and District Convention
• Commitment to follow the District Plan
• Display strong organization skills, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• Must be a team player, open minded and adaptable
• Superior written and verbal skills along with computer competency for email correspondence
• Displays self-motivation and dedication to all tasks
• Familiarity with Microsoft word/office for reports/newsletters
• Some experience in public speaking or making presentations
Personal Growth Pursuing Zone Positions:
• Personal and professional development through public speaking, administration and travel
• Potential for many new friendships through Kin contact
• Experience to add to your resume and portfolio
• Greater understanding of your personal potential as a leader
• Build your confidence as a public speaker and presenter
• Gain more knowledge and a better understanding of Kin Canada
• Learn about other clubs in your district with great ideas to take back to your own club
We are very excited to start forming our Back to the Future Team!
See you at your Zone Conferences!
Katie, Curtis, Monika, Debbie, Melissa, Wendy, Brad, Terri, Russ
Wow, what an awesome weekend in Windsor at the 2014 Fall Leadership Conference! Thank you to the Windsor Kin Family for hosting a very successful and fun weekend.
We hope you took the time to sit in on the great workshops provided. There was definitely no shortage of learning opportunities this weekend as we could work with Lee Burry via Skype, the Flamborough Kin Club, a photographer and so many more.
A huge congratulations to all three bids to host FLC 2015! And to the St. Thomas Kinsmen, can't wait to see what you have in store for us at Comic Kin.
Enjoy these next few months - I'm sure we will all be busy with Christmas parties, events and parades. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any ideas you may have for the next year, we are always looking for your input!
Ciao for now!
Katie & Curtis
Wishing everyone in District 1 a very Happy Thanksgiving! We hope you take the time this weekend to spend with friends and family. If you are traveling anywhere, be safe and make sure to take in all the gorgeous fall colours!
Did you know... We are less than a month away until Fall Leadership Conference! We have our cowboy boots ready to go and are looking forward to an incredible weekend hosted by the Windsor Kin Family. There is a great line up of seminars to attend with a new spin on education. If you have any questions about FLC do not hesitate to contact us or a member of the GO Team for more information. FLC is such a great learning experience you don't want to miss it.
See y'all in a month!
Katie & Curtis
It's hard to believe that summer is over and September is here. Time to get back into a new Kin year!
We hope you all had a great summer and were able to check out some of the awesome events happening throughout our district. We had everything from ribfests to golf tournaments, kin kamp to barbeques... no shortage of fun!
As we continue to plan for the next year, please do not hesitate to send us an email or give us a call with any ideas or questions you have.
Heading back to the future...
Katie & Curtis
We are so excited to be a part of the GO Team this year as the Vice Governors for District 1. With all of the GO Team plans, we have no doubt that this will be an awesome year to learn, grow, make friends and have fun!
We are looking forward to traveling this year meeting all of you and supporting your clubs. Make sure you let us know what you are up to and we will do our best to come and visit.
In the mean time, have a fantastic summer!
Yours in Kin,
Vice Governors Katie & Curtis
© 2015 District One Kin
Site last updated July 21, 2015, at 04:27 PM
This page last edited on July 05, 2015, at 04:38 PM