The proposed National Budget is available for Members' review prior to National Convention.
The original document was provided as an Excel file, we have converted it to PDF for publication on the (public) District One website, and this link to the proposed National budget will automatically expire on August 25th.
The original Excel file is available from the Member Services section of KinCanada.ca.
Friday, May 6th, 2011 Fergus Legion 550 Blair Street, Fergus, Ontario
Charter Sponsors - The Fergus & District Kinsmen
Please join us as we Charter The Centre Wellington Kinette Club and welcome them to our Association.
Cocktails 6:45pm, Supper 7:30pm, followed by Presentations
Tickets $ 25.00 per person. Contact Bruce Lloyd 519-843-4852 to order your tickets, Visa & Mastercard accepted.
Tickets must be ordered by May 1st, 2011
The National Risk Management Committee is currently seeking a new member to join their team.
NVP 2011 CANDIDATE PENNY LEES-SMITH
By Pulling Together we can continue to build our Association to be a strong contender in the non-profit world.
By Pulling Together we can ensure that Kin Canada remains a vibrant and strong organization for future generations of Kin.
District 1 Campaign Liason
SPRING CONVENTION NAME THE MASCOT CONTEST
This little guy is going to be the mascot for
Kin Boot Camp 2011 Convention
HE NEEDS A NAME!!
We are asking for your help to name him
Your Name__________________ Club _________
The lucky winner of the contest will win a free full registration for you and your guest to:
KIN BOOT CAMP 2011 (hotel not included).
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES BY April 1, 2011.
PLEASE NOTE: Entries submitted with the same name will be selected by date of entry
Or mail to: name the mascot 2011
c/o Wendy Stansbury
77 Beck Street, Cambridge Ontario. N3H 2Y1
September 26, 2010, at 11:03 PM
A resolution was unanimously passed at National Convention to adopt the Portraits of Honour as a Kin Canada National Service Project. The link below is the video that was presented to the delegates at National Convention.
I hope after you watch it you realize what an incredible organization Kin is, and being a member your heart should be filled with an incredible overwhelming feeling of pride for belonging, and for giving.
Take time to forward this and show it to friends, family, your local Legion, and anyone interested in being part of something so good and so right.
Beginning on June 1st, 2011, this portrait will begin it's travels across our country to every city/town/village of our fallen soldiers and to Kinsmen & Kinette Clubs across Canada paying tribute to those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for the benefit of others, to instill Canadian pride, and to show that we as Kin will never forget those who have also served.
For more info on this project
I hope you feel as proud as I do about being in Kin after seeing this.
Yours in Kin,
District One Vice-Governor
The Kinsmen Club of Cambridge (Preston) is honoured to present to you another “star” for District 1, the Kin Club of Woolwich. Welcome to the newest “star”, the Woolwich Kin Club. Congratulations to President Bill McBay and all the new members!
Over the past few months we have lost some very special people in our Family of Kin, so fellow kin when you bow your head in silence of those that have passed before us, please keep their families in your thoughts and prayers!
JOHNSON, Diane - After a courageous battle, surrounded by her loving family at Lisaard House, Cambridge on Sunday, July 25, 2010. Diane Johnson of Kitchener, in her 52nd year. Beloved mother of Leslie Maria Johnson and Heather Margaret Johnson. Loving sister of Gerrie (Janet) Wunnink of Goderich, Jack (Linda) Wunnink of London. Cherished daughter of Hanny and the late Jack Wunnink of Goderich. Dear aunt of several nieces and nephews from the Wunnink and Johnson families. Diane was a proud member of the Stratford and Waterloo-Grand River Kinette Clubs as well as a past District Officer. Donations to Lisaard House gratefully acknowledged. Friends may sign the book of condolences at www.mccallumpalla.ca
HARDMAN, Raymond J - Suddenly at home, Raymond J. Hardman passed away on Tuesday, July 13, 2010. Survived by his wife Dianne, sons Jeffery Hardman and wife Elizabeth, and Scott Hardman and wife Robin, also survived by five grandchildren. Raymond was a member of the Kinsmen Club of Greater London.
SCOTT, Dorothy (Dot) Elizabeth - June 8, 2010. Dorothy 'Dot' Elizabeth (Beers) Scott of Goderich in her 84th year. Beloved wife of the late John 'Jack' Scott (2001). Loving mother of Sandy and husband Bill Pollock, Sue and husband Dave Denomme and Janet Scott all of Goderich and Peter Scott. Dear grandmother of 6 grandchildren, 6 great grandchildren. Member of the Kinette Club of Goderich. Donations to Community Living-Central Huron or the Heart & Stroke Foundation gratefully acknowledged. Friends may sign the book of condolences at www.mccallumpalla.ca
MCTEER, Barry - Suddenly, as the result of an accident on Thursday, August 12th, 2010, in his 51st year. Loving husband of Cheryl (nee Vance). Loving dad of Walker, Hunter, and Cheyann. Dear brother of Sharon and her husband Reid Stewart, Barbara and her husband Ross Wolfe, Bruce and his wife Elaine, Ronald and his wife Carol, and Gary and his wife Linda. Dear son-in-law of Jim and Shirley Vance. Dear brother-in-law of Shawn Vance and his wife Michelle, and Warren Vance and his wife Heather. Predeceased by his parents Lloyd and Grace McTeer, his sister Lorraine Kerr, and his nephew Rick Harron. Barry will be deeply missed by his large family and many friends.
LEE BURRY, National President
• has been a member of Kin Canada since 2001 and is currently a member of the Kinsmen Club of Fredericton. Lee has held all major club positions over the last eight years and has also held the position of Deputy Governor for Zone E, District 7.
• nationally, Lee has been an active member of both the Education and Charter and Expansion Committees, and has also facilitated District Leadership Seminar.
• has earned the Maple Leaf Award of Distinction and has won both the National Founding Member’s Speaking Competition and the National Kin Quill Award.
• holds a BSc in Psychology, along with a Masters in Business Administration, both obtained from Memorial University, in his home province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
• is currently the Manager of Strategic Initiatives with the Department of Education for the Government of New Brunswick. Lee holds a CHRP (Certified Human Resources Professional) Designation and is very active within the professional community. Lee was recently recognized for his efforts in Human Resources by receiving the New Human Resources Leader Award at the Atlantic Canadian Human Resources Awards Gala held in Halifax during the fall of 2009.
• is also an award winning public speaker who has competed throughout Canada as well as internationally with various organizations.
• is married to Jennifer Burry, a former Kinette of Paradise and Corner Brook, and a charter member of the new Kinette Club in Fredericton.
• Lee and Jennifer are extremely proud parents of their two year old son Daniel, who has already attended three District Conventions and enjoyed attending his first National Convention in Halifax, NS.
DAVE RONSON, National Vice President
• national Secretary for 2009/10
• a member of the Peterborough Kinsmen Club for the past 11 years
• has served as club president, held other executive positions and chaired many club events and projects
• beyond the club level Dave has also held the position of Deputy Governor, CF & Service Rep for Zone C, and was governor of District 8 in 2006/07
• he has won various awards, including the Decew/Phee Outstanding District Award for 2006/07
• Dave graduated from the University of Waterloo with a B.A. in social development studies and has a post graduate certificate from Seneca College in human resources management
• he is happily married to Karen and they have two L'il Kin Kids Sarah, 18, and Mack, 16.
• Dave owns and operates, with his family, a Paul Davis Systems franchise, specializing in insurance restoration contracting
SEAN THOMPSON, Past National President
• Sean brings a three-generation heritage to the phrase ”Family of Kin”. His grandfather, Trevor Thompson was one of the founding members of Kin, his father, (also Trevor Thompson) was a charter member of the Vanderhoof Kinsmen Club,
• an active Life Member of the Gananoque Kinsmen Club
• has been a member of Kin since 1984
• has earned the Maple Leaf Award, Outstanding Maple Leaf Award, Founders Award for Achievement, District 6 Doug Slater Speaking Award and has been a national finalist in the Founding Members’ Speakers Competition.
• Sean served two terms as Association Director (2004-2008), National Vice President (2008-2009) and National President in 2009-2010.
• Sean is married to former Kinette Karen, and the have five, fourth generation Kin Kids (Will, Megan, Colin, Kendra and Madelin) who have attended conventions from St. John's to Vancouver!
• Will is a Captain in the Royal Canadian Dragoons, based in Petawawa, Ont., and is currently serving in Afghanistan. Will is married to Jessie, and they have a five-year-old son Trip, and two-year-old daughter Ryleigh
Daily features, news and photos from National Kinvention will be posted to the national website: http://kincanada.ca/en/index.php/newsroom/2010convention
Click here to read KIN Mag online: http://kincanada.ca/en/index.php/newsroom/kin_magazine_current_issue
Kin Home & Auto Insurance Plan
Exclusive to Members through
Dan Lawrie Insurance Brokers
For every new quote we provide to a member, we will make a donation to Cystic Fibrosis through Kin Canada. No purchase is necessary, simply an interest in comparing your current policy! Thank you for your continued confidence in Dan Lawrie Insurance Brokers.
For over the past 15 years, we've been proud to be a partner of Kin and remain committed to bringing the best possible insurance programs to you as a member. Your satisfaction means everything to us!
November 5, 6, 2010
The 2009-2010 District 1 House Rules have been posted in the Resources section.
These will be reviewed at FLC for acceptance. Please take the time to look them over and if you have any questions, please contact Past Governors Judy & Darrell.
The District One Financials will be posted here for your information soon. Please take the time to make yourself familiar with the statement as it will be presented at Fall Leadership Conference in Collingwood by Past Governors Darrell and Judy. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact those noted above for their response prior to the floor of Fall Leadership Conference.
RussJackman July 17, 2008, at 09:59 PM
RussJackman July 14, 2008, at 12:43 AM
RussJackman July 13, 2008, at 04:28 AM
RussJackman July 13, 2008, at 04:28 AM
© 2019 District One Kin | Log In | Site last updated August 09, 2019, at 10:24 AM | This page last edited on September 23, 2018, at 01:07 PM